Google

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What's Been Going On!

Hi Folks!
Its been a while-and an even longer while since you've heard from me! I feel like not a lot, and a whole bunch has been going on all at the same time in getting prepared for the arrival of this baby. Not a lot in the department of doctor's visits (missed my first one-bummed out by that) have all been concluded with the same thing: "keep up the good work". While the Doctor is super laid back, even for him this is uneventful. It's a little unnerving, but then again a very big blessing that there is nothing wrong. The baby is growing and growing though! Jackie entered her third tri-mester this week, which is absolutely crazy! More behind us than ahead!! We both have enjoyed this journey thus far, Jackie I'm sure more so with all the unique experiences she has had. But to think that in a little less than three months, our baby will finally be here is absolutely mind-blowing!

A lot has been going on in preparation for his arrival. The biggest event is that we turned our home office into his room. We took advantage of Jackie's spring break time and assembled all the furniture, painted the room, and put up the chair rail molding also. Here are some pictures, even though they dont give you the full experience!

Before and after  (its just one corner, but it gives you an idea)










We had a ton of fun doing that. The best part was also learning some things along the way about home improvement (cutting that molding with a couple of crooked corners was no walk in the park!). But the most rewarding part was that we did it ourselves. Its silly, but it means more to us this way.  And while I know I am flirting with the possibility that I have put every single piece of clothing we have bought so far up here, there is one more I cannot resist!








Just to be clear, that is a peanut! Thanks to Jackie's sister Alyssa for this one-of-a-kind purchase! It couldn't be more perfect! 

The last picture to share is a fun one! In our weekly readings, via emails and our book, when we found out that he could finally hear things through the belly, my mind went immediately to music. Some of you may or may not know that I am preparing to go back to finish my music ed degree this fall. So to say music is an important part of my life is quite an understatement! So naturally one evening, with Fred Waring on the brain (google it if you dont know!) I gave him his first taste of choral majesty




And while I'll never know for sure how much he liked it, Jackie did say he was quite active when I took the headphones off, which, naturally, could only mean he was upset the music was over! 

Next month is a busy month-we have our Mount Vernon shower here in town, Jackie is in two weddings (you're welcome for the cash flow, alterations lady!), and our birthing classes as well! So I fear June will fly by. July is full of significant dates as well-Cleveland shower, our five year anniversary, my parents anniversary, and my dad's birthday. Which to me really equates to August is literally around the corner, which means this baby is also literally around the corner! And to be honest, I couldn't be more excited about that! When we first found out Jackie was pregnant, I wrestled with the fact that I wasn't completely in love with the kid from day one. My excitement was sometimes overtaken by fear,anxiety, nervousness, or even sometimes fright. But in these last two to three weeks things have changed. I feel an attachment beginning to form, the foundation of a bond being created. Its a wonderful feeling, and I literally cannot wait to hold our baby in my arms!
Thanks for being faithful readers. Sorry we haven't been daily or even weekly updaters, but we appreciate your faithfulness and hope you enjoy our random rants, and crazy pictures!



2 comments:

  1. The room looks amazing with the molding! Very professional looking =) Love the peanut shirt! I'm so excited for you both. =) =)

    ReplyDelete

Tracker