Google

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Nutt is here!






What a wonderful, exciting, tiring, and miraculous time these last five weeks have been!! Life has certainly changed, but only for the better, of course :)

Going back to August 3, 2010, we went into the hospital at 5 am, dialated 1 cm. I was put on the IV at 6 and water was broken by 9. I had my epidural around lunch time (there was no need to be a champ for anyone, but rather, comfortable for me). By 5pm, I was dialated to 2 cm. As it turned out, after almost 12 hours trying to induce labor, Evan had pretty good control over what was happening and he did not want anything to change about his situation! He was completely content inside mom's belly and did not make a move at all to come out. So, that is how we ended up with a c-section and a baby at 5:54pm :) The doctor told us we could try to labor through the night if we wanted, but he thought we would still have ended up with a c-section in the morning because the baby was too big.

So here came Evan Russell at a solid 9 lbs. 8 oz., 21 3/4 in. long and wonderful!! From the beginning we have been blessed and fortunate to have a baby that is pretty much on a schedule, happy, calm, and easy going. For most of the first week, and since then, he has been a great sleeper at night. He will wake to eat and then go right back to sleep, usually for three to five hours at a time. He is usally in bed by 10 or 11 at night and then ready for morning awake time anywhere from 8 to 10 am. We've always been able to enjoy awake time during the day with him. From the start he would spend about an hour awake a couple times a day, and now we're up to two and three hour times. We learned quickly that he loves lights and windows. Since then, he has come to share smiles and giggles with the couch cushion, window curtains, and his mom and dad. I LOVE IT!!

Noises and cooing, along with smiles and laughs, began consistently happening about two weeks ago. We love this time and the fact that we can provoke smiles out of him. I love watching him listen to Russ laugh, because it always turns out a smile on Evan. He loves his daddy! I love listening to him lay in his bed in the morning and talk to the curtains. He loves the light that comes in behind them and he will just lay there and make noises. He misses no meals, and doesn't let me miss them eithere! He is already 12 pounds and has grown another two inches in the last five weeks. I would like him to stop growing so fast please! The pure innocence of his life right now is amazing and we are in awe at everything he is.

It's such a miracle to think of this little person as a product of us and our love and someone that I grew inside of me! He is a fully functioning human and we are so thankful to have had the experience of bringing him into this world! We often wonder how people can have children and still not believe in God. It's crazy!

So, obviously we are loving our time and experiences with Evan and could talk to, look at, and be with him all day! The families are righ there with us. The grandparents absolutely adore him, and I see a great deal of spoiling in his future. My siblings love having a nephew to swoon over as well. He is the first grandchild for my parents and it's been fun to watch how the family is playing into these new roles they have. And I have no words for how wonderful it is to see Russ with him. From day one Russ has been there 100% for me and Evan. I was slightly worried that he wouldn't feel that connection right away, but he did and he is such an amazing father! Evan calms in his arms, cuddles up to him to sleep, and throws out the biggest smiles and coos when Russ talks to him. Russ is certainly a blessing to have in my life, and now for Evan. I love it all!

So, in short, our son is awesome and we can't get enough of him! We will love and relish this time we have with him as he grows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker